Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

For those who know me, you know that I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Well, I have seen the newest movie (twice) and I am posting my thoughts on it:

Loves

*This in my opinion was one of the better Potter films. My favorite one is Prisoner of Azkaban (which most Potter fans dislike, but I love it, it is artsy, love that stuff). I was very impressed by this one. A lot better than Order of the Phoenix.

*Alan Rickman rocks. Perfect Snape! He is always so awesome even if you do not like him. If you like to watch a movie that you absolutely love him in, watch Sense and Sensibility (call me, we can watch it together, I own it).

*The new scene that was added, the attack at Burrow, was intense. I was worried when I first read they were adding it. I was thinking how lame but I was impressed and liked the action it added to the movie!

*Helena Bonham Carter is so creepy! Bellatrix is supposed to be creepy though, so well done! I should just add that the whole cast is awesome. This would be a very long post if I say something about all of them.

*Love Potions! Hee Hee!!! Rupert Grint, you are awesome!

*Quidditch was back! I am wondering if it will be in the London Olympics in 2012?! :D

*Luna Lovegood's Lion Hat. This was actually in the 5th book and I was so mad that it wasn't in the movie. Imagine how excited I was to see it here! Ask Russell, he will tell you how happy I was!

*Weasley Wheezies! Love that store!

Peeves (hee hee inside book joke)

*Not a lot of detail or explanation of the Half-Blood Prince. I mean I know who it is and why, but they should have told how the person (trying not to spoil for those who don't know) came up with that name.

*The kiss between two certain characters (again trying not to spoil) was sort of corny.

*Absence of a certain battle and funeral at the end. I do understand the filmmakers reasoning behind these edits. They did not have the battle so they were not repetitive with the ending of the 7th movie and it would cost lots of money for the special effects needed for the funeral.

*The PG rating. This should have definitely been PG-13.

*The musical score. I really do like it but I miss John Williams's music a lot. I hope he does the music for the final two movies!

Overall 3 1/2 out of 4 stars. Make sure you all go see it!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I love Harry Potter as well. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can't wait!