ssica and I met my sister and her friend Betsy down in St. George to see Aida at Tuacahn. Aida was absolutely incredible! I cannot think of a single flaw. This definitely ranks up there as one of the best musicals I have ever seen (yes, it is up there with Wicked). The story was amazing. I do not want to give anything away but it is the story of 2 people from different worlds who fall in love and cannot be together. They are from 2 different nations, Egypt and Nubia, who are currently at war. If you want to be spoiled, you can call me and I will give you the full scoop! Because it is a given, as I am a romantic and a crybaby, I sobbed through the last 15 minutes of the play. I warned the girls before that it was very possible I would cry since I already knew the story and music. I am such a baby! The acting was so good, especially between the 2 leads. There was just amazing chemistry there. You could actually believe that they really loved each other.Because Meg and I loved it so much, we are planning a return trip to see it again. We are planning on Saturday, October 3rd. This is conference weekend and also my fall recess from school. I will probably go up on Friday and drive back on Sunday morning. I am going up early so I can have a full fun weekend. We would love for people to come! If you would like to go (very serious about this, it is fabulous, you will not be disappointed) please let me know in the next couple of days. We need to buy tickets and book hotel rooms asap!
Here are some pictures from the trip:
Meg in the car on the way
Jessica and I
Meg, Betsy, Me, and Jessica in our seats waiting for the fabulous show to start
Up by Dixie rock. There is a great view of St. George from the top
St. George Temple from Dixie Rock
Jessica and I (I was not thrilled for the drive home!)





No comments:
Post a Comment