Ok, I am ready to review the New Moon soundtrack for everyone. I have listened to it alot and have a fair review! First of all, this one is very different from the Twilight movie soundtrack. It needs to be. Bella is sad and depressed most of the movie so the music needs to reflect that. This album can only be described as being a very Indie album. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Just different, especially for me. These are some of my favorite songs:
1. New Moon (The Meadow): This is the amazing score only track done by Alexandre Desplat. I love Bella's Lullaby from the first movie, but this is what it should have been. The piano is very beautiful in this track. I have to say, I am excited to get the Score only soundtrack in November.
2. Slow Life by Grizzly Bear (including Victoria LeGrand): Ok, when I first heard this, the first thing I thought was, who would name their group this? I love this song! The harmony during the chorus is very haunting but beautiful. I cannot wait to see where this will be included in the movie. This is the one that plays first on my blog playlist.
3. Satellite Heart by Anya Marina: Beautiful track with a pretty voice and guitar. I like the lyrics too. This song just reminds me of Bella.
4. Meet Me On The Equinox by Death Cab For Cutie: This is the 'main' title track for the album. The equivalent to Decode by Paramore on the Twilight soundtrack. I did not like this song when it was first released, but it has grown on me. My prediction is this will be the main song during the credits.
I hope this has help some of you decide whether or not you will be getting the soundtrack. It was not my 'cup of tea' at first but has grown on me. I like it!





No comments:
Post a Comment