Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best and Worst Movies of 2009- My Opinion

Ok, it is now time for me to be my movie critic self and announce what I thought were the best and worst movies that I saw in 2009 (in no particular order-that would be hard)!

Favorites:

Star Trek: I was already a 'trekkie' but J.J. Abrams is the man! This movie was amazing and the cast was awesome, especially Zachary Quinto as Spock.

Twilight Saga- New Moon: Ok, you do not know me very well if you did not think that this would be here. 5 words: Edward and then Jacob's Abs. Enough said.

The Princess and the Frog: It makes your heart happy! The hopeless romantic in me loves it! Now if I could only find my frog!

Up: I think that it is impossible for Pixar to release a bad film. I laughed and cried (of course, since I am a crybaby) and Dug was awesome!

The Proposal: Hilarious. Sandra Bullock plays nasty very well! Plus the scene with the dog, cell phone, and hawk makes me laugh everytime! Ryan Reynolds' falsetto singing is great too!

Harry Potter 6: This movie was amazing because of 3 things. Rupert Grint, love potions, and Alan Rickman.

Avatar: Ok, I will say that the storyline is not the most amazing thing ever written. It just reminds me of the grown up version of Ferngully (remember that?). The visual effects make up for it all though. I mean, wow! I am also starting to love this actor called Sam Worthington. Excited to see more of him in the future!

The Blind Side: Why can't all sports movies be this good?

Ponyo: This is not a movie for everyone but I love Hayao Miyazaki. The hand drawn animation makes this movie one giant piece of art. I also still to this day cannot get the song from the credits out of my head!

Forever Strong: I never thought that there would be a film that fits into the LDS movie genre on my list. I mean, they are so corny, even for me. I loved this movie! It probably helps that I work with Coach Gelwix's daughter.

Worst (boy were they bad)!

The Box: 2 hours of my life that I will never ever get back!! One of the worst movies I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot)!

Land of the Lost: I felt my brain cells dying. I walked out feeling more stupid than I did when I walked in. Even watching it at midnight did not help this movie (everything is better when you are sleepy).

Transformers 2: What a disappointment this was for me. The effects were awesome and the Optimus Prime fight was cool but that is all the love I can give this movie. Please that Megan Fox gets stepped on by a Deception in the first 10 minutes of the next film!


Well there is my list! What movies did you all like this year? Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Matt and Jenni said...

hahaha, you crack me up! I HATED Transformers 2 as well! I agree with you on everything...at least on the movies I saw. ;)