Sunday, November 15, 2009

My New Moon Autograph Adventure

So yesterday, I was one of those crazy Twilight fans at the Fashion Place Mall. I bought a ticket to get an autograph from some of the stars of New Moon. I was lucky and got to meet Edi Gathegi (Laurent) and Jamie Campbell Bower (Caius). They are very pretty in person so you all know! I had a great time because I became friends with 2 of the ladies that I stood in line with. They became my "Twilight buddies."
So if you do not know, Edi was on House M.D., Season 4 (the Survivor style season of House with the competition to be on his team) as the "Black Mormon" character. In one episode, House and him get into a fight about Joseph Smith and Edi's character punches House in the face. It was awesome! When I got up in the line to get Edi's signature, I told him I liked him on House. He looked at me with a shocked expression. I think he was excited to be told something out of Twilight. I then asked him, how it was to punch Hugh Laurie. He laughed and said it was very 'satisfying.' Hearing him laugh made my day!
Later, when I met Jamie, I told him I really liked him in Sweeney Todd (he has a great voice by the way). He looked at me and smiled. I thought I was going to melt!
Here is a picture of my autographs. Jamie's is on the left and Edi's is on the right.

Afterwards, the Twilight buddies and I, hurried and ran to Chick-Fil-A. I got a chicken sandwich. It was funny, when I opened my sandwich, I was missing the top bun! It was yummy, just messy to eat. We then ran over to Nordstrom to get a spot for the Anya Marina concert and the Twilight Star Q&A. I was sad though my camera was being stupid, but one of the ladies has a Twilight website and took some great pictures that she told me I could use.

This is a picture of Anya Marina. She sings the song Satellite Heart on the soundtrack! If you read from my previous post, this is one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack. I think I might be investing in her CD. I really like her voice.

This is one of the pictures from the Q&A with Edi and Jamie. They were absolutely hilarious! Jamie discovered that when the name "Robert Pattinson" is said aloud (in his beautiful British accent by the way), all of the ladies in the crowd would start to scream. He said it a lot because he thought the screaming was pretty funny.

A couple of the questions from the Q&A that I remember the most were these:
Question: What was it like to play evil vampires?
Answers:
Jamie- Well my character is not evil, he is just the government.
Edi- Laurent is not evil, just hungry.

Question: How do you feel about volleyball?
Answers:
Edi- I like to play volleyball.
Jamie- (starts to laugh) I cannot get the image of Top Gun out of my head.

I had a great time and I survived. I texted my mom to let her know that I am not insane and obsessed. You had to be there to understand. Some of these fans are just crazy!

I am looking forward to the movie this week! I am so excited!!! I will be blogging about it so check back soon!

No comments: