Ok, here is my review of New Moon. Warning: If you have not seen it, stop reading. I am going to be spoilerish!!Let's start out by saying how much I absolutely loved New Moon! When I saw Twilight last year, I hated it at first. It had to grow on me. Not this one, loved it after the first showing. I officially bow to Chris Weitz, the director. He made this film amazing. Just like how I imagined it. I liked that he and the other film people made it not so depressing as the book. New Moon is my second to least favorite of the series (my least favorite goes to Breaking Dawn). Jacob did not annoy me in the movie as much as in the book either. Taylor Lautner=awesome. I am glad that Summit were not idiots last year and did not recast him. That would have been a huge mistake.
Have I switched sides to Team Jacob? Absolutely NOT. I am still very much Team Edward. Taylor was very hot but my heart still belongs to Edward. Now onward to more specifics of the movie.
LIKES:
*Kristen Stewart did so much better in this movie. No more of that stupid stuttering from Twilight. She also played a depressed Bella very well but did not take it too far.
*Robert Pattinson, I love you!! You are still my perfect Edward. He still plays him the way I see him in my mind. In the scene when Bella gets to him in Italy, did you realize that he says 'Heaven?' Just awesome. Love the last 5 minutes too because of you. Perfect ending and my favorite part of the movie.
*Taylor Lautner rocked my socks off! I officially like Jacob more now. You could really tell how much he loves Bella.
*The new contact lens. This is how I imagined their eyes looking. In Twilight, they did not stick out enough to me. Some people think the contacts are distracting but in the books, it is emphasized that their eyes do stick out and are noticable.
*The special effects were so so much better. I was not laughing this time. Edward actually sparkled and the werewolves were so good. The vampire running was a lot better too.
*The musical score by Alexandre Desplat. The love ballad he wrote for Bella and Edward is just amazing and is weaved so well throughout the film. Loved Bella's Lullaby in Twilight but this was so much better. Please David Slade, bring Desplat back for Eclipse!
*Rachelle LeFevre as Victoria was incredible. No speaking lines but so awesome. I really hope that Bryce Dallas Howard does well in Eclipse because she has some huge shoes to fill. Stupid Summit firing Rachelle :(
*Michael Sheen was absolutely perfect as Aro. I was just giddy watching the Volturi scenes because he was so good. Creepy and psychotic.
*The added scenes with the Volturi. The fight was so cool but I have a peeve about it. Will tell you later. I loved how they made sure to show us how much Bella really does love Edward. I also love the discussion she has with Aro about souls. How could Edward not have a soul?
*The last 5 minutes of the film. Marry me Bella! Perfect Rob/Edward. Perfect!! During this whole scene I was just melting in my seat because of the awesomeness.
*I could add to this list but it would be really, really long.
Dislikes
*Still peeved that Bella's scar is in the wrong spot. I know that they are trying to be consistent with the first film but Bella was bitten by James on her hand not her wrist.
*Cutting out the parts when Carlisle tells Bella more about Edward's background as he is stitching her up. They talked a lot about souls and if vampires are truly damned but no Edward background. Missed that.
*Jacob realizing that it was Edward on the phone. In the book, he thinks that it is Carlisle. Making him know that it was Edward in the movie made Jacob appear to be a big jerk.
*The Volturi fight. I loved this fight but they made Edward seem like a wimp by totally getting served by Felix. Edward can read minds and should have anticipated more of Felix's moves. At least we will get to see Edward kick some real trash in Eclipse. Edward vs. Victoria, I cannot wait.
*Screaming fangirls. Yes, the guys are hot and Jacob has beautiful abs, but one scream is enough!
So New Moon, love it! I am just so glad that we only have to wait 7 months for Eclipse. I will definitely be seeing this movie several more times before it comes out on DVD. If anyone wants to go see it and need a movie buddy, call me, I will definitely go again!





1 comment:
GREAT post!! I completely loved this movie too....I was embarassed to say I saw Twilight, because it was so dumb, but I was not ashamed to see New Moon more than once! BTW, I hate the movie poster...in a story that's mostly about Bella and Jacob, why the H is he not in it?!! And I totally agree with you about the Volturi....they were amazingly cast, and so creepy...I was giddy in my seat during those scenes as well. Edward was served because he's weaker...remember? He doesn't drink human blood, so therefore he is weaker than them. ;)
I just love that you do movie reviews, I trust you more than the people who get paid to do it!
Post a Comment