Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Latest Movie Reviews

Ok, my family is complaining because I haven't updated my blog lately. I am sorry, I think my life is pretty boring right now. I do not have much to blog about (I could blog and complain about my life but I am not going to do that). I have watched a lot of movies lately so I will blog about those!

Remember Me: Why did I go? I will be honest...Robert Pattinson was in it. But I will defend myself, it had Pierce Brosnan too and I like him. This movie was one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen. I walked in my normal happy self and left depressed, really depressed. The ending was also one of the most shocking endings ever. My chin just dropped. I think I was more angry than sad over the ending. Rob was great though, especially yelling and fighting with Pierce Brosnan. Loved that part of the movie, huge yelling fight but with bad language. When and if you see this movie, you will understand why the fight was so cool! Go Rob's character!

The Last Song: Nicholas Sparks movie. Tissues are a requirement. My mom and Meg went with me to the employee show. My mom eventually looked over to see if I was crying and of course I was, no surprise there. I was not the only one though! Lots of sniffles and tears were present! Greg Kinnear and kid that played the little brother were awesome. The baby turtles are adorable too. Someone needs to make a March of the Penguins but turtle style. I never thought that watching someone protecting a turtle's nest could be so hilarious but Miley Cyrus made me laugh! I did have one small problem with this movie, it made me want a boyfriend. I am starting to despise movies that make me feel like that and it seems that there are a lot of those lately.

Clash of the Titans: I love Greek mythology so I loved this movie. It was about time Perseus had a good movie done about him (I am not counting the old one which this is a remake of, not a fan). Watching a hot dude (Sam Worthington) killing evil creatures was awesome. The Medusa fight was pretty cool too! I do have one complaint though. If you are going to have Liam Neeson play Zeus, you need to give me more than like 10 minutes of screen time. I love Liam Neeson and was sad not to see him more! In addition, my advice is to watch this in 2D. The 3D is not worth your money. The 3D is really not that cool or different from the 2D film. Also, this is basically the more adult version of the Percy Jackson movie that came out a bit ago. If you saw that, this will be a bit familiar to you.

How To Train Your Dragon: This is probably my favorite movie that I have seen lately. I loved this movie! Dragons are normally so ugly but these ones are so cute! I now have a secret desire to have a pet dragon. Does anyone know where I can get one? :) Toothless the main dragon is so adorable. He reminds me of a cat. Russell and I laughed quite a bit during the movie. An animated movie about dragons and vikings, why didn't someone think of this earlier? I have never really liked Dreamworks animation (aka Shrek, still not a fan, sorry) but this and Kung Fu Panda are making them grow on me. Watch out Disney (not Pixar though) is all I have to say.

PS: Everyone should read my sister's (Megan Jensen) blog. She is a chef and blogs about food. It is good...really good. The link is in my blog list on the right side!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Thank for the plug about my blog! It's nice to get caught up on all the movies!

Kimberly said...

hey when are you going to update again? any fun stories about school?

Brandie Page said...

How to train a dragon was like one of my fav kid movies of all time... We've seen it twice.