Gary and I got engaged on January 28th, 2012. It was sort of a whole weekend event. On Friday, at school, one of the secretaries walked down to my classroom with white roses and a box. I was sort of clueless at first. I asked her why she was giving me flowers. She said that they were not from her. Then the light bulb went on and I realized they were from Gary. After I took my students to the gym for P.E., I went into the office. The ladies asked what was in the box. I told them I had not opened it yet. They started freaking out. They were saying, "What if the ring is in the box?!" I told them that if the ring was in the box and Gary just left it at school that I would make him try again. I went back to my room, opened the box, and saw that it was just chocolates. After all this, I was thinking that it might be a possibility that he would be popping the big question that weekend.On Saturday, we went to the Cheesecake Factory (which I love). We had to wait a long time to eat. It was getting late and I was thinking that he probably was not going to be asking the big question. After dinner, we went to go ice skating at the skating rink where we had our second date. In the parking lot, he pulled out the Precious Moments Cinderella figurine. When he turned around the ring was in the glass slipper. He got down on one knee and said some really great things about that I have been looking for my Prince Charming for a while and he has been looking for his Princess. He said he would be greatly honored if I would be his wife and asked me to marry him. I starting crying and said YES!!
So, the fun day is June 15th, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Lots of excited things are happening! :)





4 comments:
It's so cute!! :)
Congrats! It's always fun to hear engagement stories!
so so so excited and happy for you!
He had some good coaches.
Post a Comment