On Oscar Night, Brandie and I had a lot of fun watching the Academy Awards together since we both like movies. After Slumdog Millionaire won like everything, we decided we needed to go see this movie to see if it lived up to all this hype. Last night, Brandie and I went and saw Slumdog Millionaire. I have to say, I agreed that this movie deserved all the hype. It was fantastic. It was a movie that showed that through hard times, things will get better in the end. The movie is about Jamal, a slumdog, who is a contestant on India's version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Jamal is doing very well and is accused of cheating. No one can believe that an uneducated young man can be doing so well on this show. The movie is flashbacks telling about Jamal's life up to that point. This truly was an inspirational movie. Do not let the R rating scare you away, this was not any worse than The Dark Knight. The makers of this film were planning on a PG-13 rating but did not have money to file a petition with the MPAA in order to obtain PG-13. That is why it is R. I will say though, the movie does have a dark tone but I definitely recommend this movie and plan on buying it!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
So I Agree With the Academy....
On Oscar Night, Brandie and I had a lot of fun watching the Academy Awards together since we both like movies. After Slumdog Millionaire won like everything, we decided we needed to go see this movie to see if it lived up to all this hype. Last night, Brandie and I went and saw Slumdog Millionaire. I have to say, I agreed that this movie deserved all the hype. It was fantastic. It was a movie that showed that through hard times, things will get better in the end. The movie is about Jamal, a slumdog, who is a contestant on India's version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Jamal is doing very well and is accused of cheating. No one can believe that an uneducated young man can be doing so well on this show. The movie is flashbacks telling about Jamal's life up to that point. This truly was an inspirational movie. Do not let the R rating scare you away, this was not any worse than The Dark Knight. The makers of this film were planning on a PG-13 rating but did not have money to file a petition with the MPAA in order to obtain PG-13. That is why it is R. I will say though, the movie does have a dark tone but I definitely recommend this movie and plan on buying it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
So --- Because of you, I am now planning on seeing this movie! It better be as good as you say it is!! :)
Post a Comment