Saturday, July 24, 2010

David Archuleta

In June, my Mom, Megan, and I drove up and went to a David Archuleta concert at BYU-I with Kimberly. It was pretty fun for me because just the week before, I heard David speak at my Stake Conference. I think David did a pretty good job. His opening act happened to be David Osmond (the son of Alan Osmond). David Osmond commented that the concert should have been called David-Squared. I thought that was pretty funny. David Archuleta later said that he wanted to be like David Osmond 'when he grew up.' More laughs! We were lucky enough to be some of the first people to hear some of David's new songs. I will say they are pretty good! The best part of the night though was his closing song. He sang Be Still My Soul. It was gorgeous. My mom and I think he needs to release a CD with him just singing the hymns. I would buy it! Here are some of the fun pictures from the night. Sorry for the poor quality, my camera was having issues. We were also told to not use flash photography.


The Girls minus Mom (she was the photographer and did not want to be pictured)
A few pictures of David. The one with the piano is when he sang Imagine. Love him singing that song!

2 comments:

JMay said...

Aww how fun! I just think David is th cutest thing!

Valarie said...

It was so good to see you and your mom. So glad you liked the concert.