Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Eclipse Review

Ok, movie review time! I have seen Eclipse (several times) and I am now ready to review it! I have waited a few days to post this so if you have not seen it, stop reading!

I will start out by saying that I loved Eclipse! In my opinion, it is the best of the 3 so far. Here are my lists of pros and cons:

Pros
*I was swooning the whole time during this movie. The romance scenes between Edward and Bella were perfect. My romantic self was very pleased and I could not stop grinning. The meadow scene at the beginning and the bedroom scene with the proposal were awesome! I am so glad that the famous 'leg hitch' was in the movie!

*Robert Pattinson, thank you for being my perfect Edward Cullen! Just like I imagine him!

*Edward vs. Victoria was epic. Honestly, this is the scene that I was looking forward to the most in the movie. I was not disappointed. Edward totally kicked some major butt! There were a few differences between the book and the movie (Bella does not actually cut herself) but things needed to be changed from the medium of book to film.

*The Tent Scene was awesome! Rob and Taylor really pulled off this scene. Perfection!

*The line: "Doesn't he own a shirt?" :)

*Charlie trying really hard to give the sex talk. That scene was hilarious!

*Loved seeing the backgrounds of Rosalie and Jasper. I really felt bad for Jasper after he told his story. Having his ability to control and feel the emotions around you would really suck. Thinking about all the pain and sadness he has felt is so sad! Happy and perky Alice really is the perfect match for him. I just wish that now they could somehow tell more of the backgrounds of the other Cullens.

*The musical score by Howard Shore. At first, I did not think that it stood on its own. After watching the movie, I absolutely love it.

*The song Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) by Muse. I am still totally in love with this song! The whole soundtrack overall is just plain awesome.

Cons
*I love Bryce Dallas Howard and I thought she did just ok as Victoria. She was a bit too sweet. Victoria needed to be more evil and animal like than what was portrayed in the movie. She needed to be scarier. I think Bryce finally hit it by the end of the fight scene but I needed her to be more evil and feral the whole movie.

*Kristen's wig had some issues especially in the fight training scene.

*The wolves looked cool but I feel they lost some of their personality from the second film. Jacob in wolf form did not have Jacob's eyes. The eyes on all of the wolves seemed sort of genetic to me except for Seth. Seth in wolf form was great.

Make sure to go and see Eclipse! Now my note to Summit Entertainment: please do not screw up Breaking Dawn. I can see so many things that can go wrong! Do not mess up!


PS: Skip The Last Airbender. Epic Fail is all I have to say. It has been awhile since I have been angry after watching a movie. The Cartoon is so awesome but the movie was horrible! They screwed up big time!

No comments: