Sunday, October 24, 2010

Florida Trip 2010

Over fall recess, my family went to Orlando, Florida. We spent most of the time at Disney World. One of the days though, Russell and I went to Universal Studios to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was so much fun! Some of my favorite parts were:

Magic Kingdom- I love Magic Kingdom since I am such a little kid at heart. I love all the little kid and classic rides. Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan's Flight are always some of my favorites. I was really sad though, It's A Small World was being refurbished and of course it reopened the week after we left! I was sad.

Blizzard Beach- Russell, Megan, and I went to this awesome water park in Disney World. It has a snow theme. Blizzard Beach is known for having the highest water slide in the world. It is called Summit Plummit. I have to say it is one of the most fun and most exciting things I have ever done. It was definitely a rush!

The Food- We went to some really good restaurants and had some of the most amazing food. My favorite was the Wave restaurant inside the Contemporary Resort (where we stayed). The dessert was amazing (there is a picture of it in the slideshow at the end of the post).

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter- I am such a Harry Potter fan and totally nerded out big time while I was there. They had everything, it was just perfect. One of the rides is inside the Hogwarts Castle. Walking through the line in the castle is just a ride in itself. The portraits talk, you see Dumbledore in his office, the trio in Defense Against the Dark Arts, mandrakes, the Fat Lady, etc. It was just plain awesome. Universal has some amazing technology that really makes the magic come to life. I also got my own wand. The wand that would have 'chosen' me was really ugly so I bought Ginny Weasley's wand. I love it!

I had a blast in Florida, I am dying to go again already! Thanks Mom and Dad!


Here is a slideshow of some of my fun pictures! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Valarie said...

Looks like you had a blast!! You are so lucky to go., you have great parents!!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

It's about time you blogged!! Geez...I almost thought you forgot about us! Haha! Looks like you had a ton of fun in Disneyworld.