Saturday, November 15, 2008

Movie Reviews For This Week

So as many of you know, I am a huge movie buff. I would consider it one of my hobbies. One thing I love about this time of year is the amount of great movies that come out. These are the reviews of the 2 new movies I saw this week.

The first movie I saw was the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. I love James Bond movies, I have seen them all. I was very excited for this movie because it was a direct sequel to the awesome Casino Royale. Overall, Solace was good. It had great action scenes and the really hot Daniel Craig. Compared to Casino Royale though, it was not nearly as good. Casino Royale had a so much better plot and storyline. Quantum of Solace was a lot about Bond getting revenge. Casino Royale is the best of the two.

Also, I watched the sneak peek of Disney's Bolt that they showed in Salt Lake. Bolt is about a dog that thinks he is superhero but truly he is just a tv actor. Bolt really believes that it is all real. He gets lost and has to find his way back to his owner Penny. Bolt has a great voice cast, especially John Travolta as Bolt. Bolt is great for little kids but also for adults. I really did like it but I wish Disney would go back to hand-drawn animation instead of computer animation, let Pixar do the computer stuff. That is why I am so excited for Disney's next animation feature, The Princess and the Frog. It is hand drawn animation and comes out next December!

So overall, thumbs up for both of these movies. I recommend them both!

1 comment:

Matt and Jenni said...

So I haven't seen either of these movies, but I plan to. Especially after your stellar reviews. One movie I DID see this weekend was Madagascar 2. It was silly and funny and had great moments, but the first one was better. They just tried too hard to duplicate the first one. Still, I would recommend it. Great flick.