Monday, November 24, 2008

My Twilight Review

Finally I am posting my Twilight review. I hope all of you have been able to see it. Twilight made 70 million dollars this weekend so hurray! This has led to the official green light for New Moon and the script is actually already finished but I would not expect to see New Moon be released until 2010. Such a long time to wait, bummer! Anyway, here is my review of Twilight.

I watched the midnight show at the Walker Cinemas in Brigham City with my sister Kimberly and some other friends. I will admit I was being really picky so I disliked the first half of the movie. I was thinking, oh no what did they do! Then I turned off my brain, went along for the ride, and loved the second half. The next day I watched it again and loved it. Yes, I will admit I technically saw it twice in one day and will probably fork over more money to see it again. Hey, I will support Summit Entertainment. I liked this movie overall but there were a few things that I did not like. I will list my likes and dislikes below:
Likes:
*The Bedroom Kissing Scene: Wow! When I finally find my own Edward, I am going to make him watch that scene and tell him that I want him to kiss me like that!
*Edward: I felt that Rob Pattinson really pulled off Edward for the most part. He played Edward basically how I pictured him in my head. I loved seeing Edward in sunglasses!
*Alice, Carlisle, and Charlie: I felt that these roles were cast wonderfully. Charlie was so funny! Carlisle was pretty darn hot and I really could believe that he truly cared for his family.
Dislikes:
*The visual effects: Especially the ‘sparkling.’ Edward didn’t sparkle enough, it just looked like glitter. Hopefully, New Moon will have more money for its special effects or it will be a disaster.
*Some of the lines/scenes were so corny: In the book the lines do not seem that way but seeing them on the screen it was like oh brother. I also felt bad that sometimes I was laughing when it was probably meant to be taken seriously.
*Blood-Typing Scene: Where was this? I was so bummed that this was not in the movie. I was so looking forward to seeing this on the big screen!
*Lack of character backstories: I would have really liked to have them tell us about the backstories of the Cullens, especially Carlisle and Alice. I feel that they are very important to the story and needed to be told.

So overall, I can recommend this movie to fans of the book. People on the ‘outside’ will not get this film and will not understand why it is so awesome! I would give this movie probably an 8/10. Now I am anxiously waiting for the DVD and the deleted scenes that will be included since one of them is a Midnight Sun scene!

2 comments:

Matt and Jenni said...

You are so good to me! I saw it last night and honestly.... I was pleasantly surprised! I had given myself such low expectations that I actually thought it was awesome. I really didn't like the sparkling noise when they show Edward in the sun.... and the meadow scene, man -- they TOTALLY blew that!! But, I really enjoyed it. I thought they cast it very well.

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

I have to wait until 2010 are you freaking kidding me!!!! It is a good thing that Twilight will come out on DVD before that so I can keep somewhat entertained. P.S. I love seeing edward in glasses too. I think that is one of my favorites scenes!