Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WICKED!!!!

So yesterday night, I got to go see the musical Wicked at the Capitol Theater. I have been counting down for months to see this show. It was well worth my wait and my money. It was fantastic! I was able to see everything that was going on because I was on the 4th row! The story was great 'thank goodness' (even though I already knew the story), the acting was 'wonderful', and the music was truly 'defying gravity' (I know using the song titles was corny, but it had to be done)! The 2 girls that played Elphaba and Glinda were just amazing, I wish I had their talent. My favorite moment is during the song Defying Gravity when Elphaba flies into the air. It is one of those fantastic moments in life that takes your breath away. I will definitely see this again when given the chance and recommend it to everyone. Here are some of my fun pictures:

Don't I look so excited?!!! I realized later I should have worn green!

When Glinda and Elphaba visit the Emerald City in the musical, everyone wears these green glasses to make everything look green. Elphaba really likes them because she blends in and no one notices she is different. I bought my own pair and love them! I wore them to school today with my Wicked shirt and my kids thought they were so funny!

2 comments:

Matt and Jenni said...

Wahoo!!!! Isn't it just THRILLING?!! I'm so glad you were so close...it really makes the experience of Defying Gravity so much more moving....cuz you have to look up at her!! It really gives me chills every time. And isn't Elphaba scary during No Good Deed?! She freaked me out the first time I saw it. I'm so glad you got to see it and that you loved it!!

Heidi said...

I am soooo jealous!! We need to get together soon...